Wednesday, August 10, 2011

heartbeat

Today was my 12 week check-up at the OB.  I was so excited to go, knowing I would get to hear this baby's heartbeat.  We had seen it on our 6 week ultrasound, so I knew that the baby's heart was beating and that it was healthy, but there's something about hearing it that is such an intense reassurance that the baby is growing as it should.  So today was the day.  I think that no matter how many children I have, it will never get old to hear that heartbeat.  Every appointment I could just sit there and listen for moment after moment with a big goofy grin and a tear dripping down my cheek.  Every baby I have.  Every single appointment.  I have a new life growing inside of me.  God's creation.  He has entrusted me with this child, and I want to honor Him.  I cannot wait for 8 more weeks until we know His plan for completing our family, who He has hand-picked for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment