Saturday, January 22, 2011
The Power of the Polish
Today, my fingernails are painted. I decided last night that it was time to carve out a few moments to do something for myself. Something purely selfish. Something that wouldn't help or instruct or build up anyone but myself. You see, living in a house of boys, no one will probably even notice the slight change to the tips of my fingers. But I notice. My hands are performing all their typical duties today-- preparing food, cleaning up messy children, picking up toys. But I feel just a touch more like a lady. Maybe I'll start to walk more gracefully, offer a genteel smile to my husband-- even bat my eyelashes. You never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree... but I'm a toe girl. I see no use in the fingers. Mine comes off with the first round of morning dishes:). But I do walk around barefoot in the winter (inside of course), to remind myself that I'm not just a cleaning up poop machine!
ReplyDeleteI'm a toe person too. I always feel like pretty girly girl when I have toe nail polish on. It gives a certain swagger to my step, a sway hips if you will. Makes me think and feel like summertime. This is making we want to get a pedicure now....
ReplyDelete