I write these words, and just the utterance makes me draw in a deep breath and let it out slowly. A break. I remember one time talking to my husband and trying to explain to him that the quality of mothering I could provide directly depends on when I know the next break is coming. It was hard for him to understand since he does get "breaks"-- at least from hands-on parenting-- much more frequently than I do. A break can mean a couple of moments to myself to catch my breath in our bedroom (door closed of course), a long hot shower, a trip to the grocery store or Target without children, or, when I'm lucky, an all-out hour or two at a favorite coffee shop sipping a latte and writing or reading.
That's where I find myself in this moment. At the end of a very trying day that makes me question my parenting, shakes my confidence in my choices with my kids, and essentially makes me feel like crying. I sit here, breathe in deeply, take a sip of the tasty beverage in front of me and try to just "be." In this moment. In this break that my selfless husband has bestowed upon me. These moments are precious and cherished. They will recharge me for the next interactions with the three blessed children waiting for me at home. I will sit at the Throne and allow the Lord to fill my cup. And He will make it overflow.
This made me smile this morning. I'm glad we can all relate:). Yea to Allen and yea to you taking advantage of it... even though it's cold and snowy outside.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling a bit more recharged this morning. Have a wonderful day!
I'm so happy you're taking some time for yourself! And I'm enjoying the fruits of these breaks!
ReplyDelete