Saturday, September 17, 2011
groceries
In 8 years of marriage, our grocery budget has never changed. Never. We are now + 3.5 kids and yet we've been spending the same amount on food as we did when it was just the two of us. How have we done that?? Well, consider the following: Kid #1 had a waffle, orange juice and a bowl of cheerios for breakfast today. Kid #2 had a bowl of cheerios, orange juice and crackers w/ peanut butter. Kid #3 had a bowl of cheerios, bowl of blueberries and 2 slices of colby-jack. And a cup of milk. It is Saturday morning and we have gone through essentially all the food I have in the entire house, including 4 gallons of milk this week. So, this week we reconfigure and allow more money to be spent at the grocery store. This is the week. I am so excited to see what it feels like to not be scrounging around by Friday for what in the world we will eat through the weekend! And just being perfectly honest, I need to get used to spending more cash on food. I mean, realistically whatever dollar amount we increase it by now will be doubled if not tripled in the next couple years anyway! Oy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Meg. We have gradually increased each year, perhaps my kiddos are just big eaters? (or their mother, ahem). This year was big; with school lunches and snacks for gymnastics... the hubs & I were shell shocked. Crazy expensive. :)
ReplyDelete